Thought I’d pass this along. Click here for original page.
European Management Solutions is in the process of identifying 1 expert for the EC tender ”DCI-ASIE/2010/21662 – The Environmentally and Socially Responsible Tourism Capacity Development Programme (ESRT) (EMS 6189)”.
The overall objective of the ESRT programme of which this contract will be a part is to mainstream responsible tourism principles into Vietnam’s tourism sector to enhance competitiveness and contributing to achieving the Socio-Economic Development Plan.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in tourism development, planning; social sciences; economics; or related field
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Vietnamese
General professional experience:
- A skilled motivator with the ability to apply creative solutions to complex challenges.
- Confidence and demonstrated competence in capacity building.
- Experiences in providing technical assistance for public authorities and businesses in Vietnam
- Demonstrated capacity in stakeholder management, participatory processes, and in facilitating dialogue between government, development partners, and private sector in a complex environment.
- Well acquainted with roles and functions of different stakeholders of government, the private sector within the context of the tourism development.
- Experiences in responsible tourism principles and practices
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the development sector
- At least 8 years of experience in tourism. Experience in the Vietnamese tourism sector will be advantageous
- Proven track record in tourism planning
- Sound knowledge of legislative issues in the Vietnamese context
- Prior experience in the design and delivery of destination management plans/or business development plans at provincial level will be considered an asset
- Experience in the design and delivery of thematic workshops in; such as, legislation, policy development and tourism planning
- Prior experience in Training of Trainers