ISLA Lipana, the Philippine member-company of PricewaterhouseCoopers, unveils the country’s top 10 up-and-coming destinations, collectively called “Philippine Gems”.
While I’m sure these are the prime of the prime niche destinations which of these places can best scale? Have a look also at John Davenport’s take on tourism and resort development locations in the Philippines here.
Philippines Gems 10 destinations:
- Apo Island in Negros Oriental province;
- Batanes islands/province
- Biri Rock Formation in Northern Samar province
- Calaguas Islands in Camarines Norte province
- Caramoan Islands in Camarines Sur province
- Danjugan Island in Negros Occidental province
- Lake Sebu in South Cotabato province
- Mount Kanlaon on Negros island
- Panglao Island in Bohol province
- Tubbataha Reefs National Park in Palawan province
“The search for the 10 Philippine Gems envisions the upholding of both domestic and foreign tourism that would hopefully encourage business investments,” Isla Lipana & Co. Chairman and Senior Partner Alexander Cabrera said in a statement.
The search for the Philippine Gems was made possible with the help of the Department of Tourism’s Philippine Tourism Promotions Board and the University of the Philippines-Asia Institute of Tourism, which were part of the screening committee. Others members of the panel were representatives from the Management Association of the Philippines and public-relations agency FleishmanHillard Manila; travel blogger James Betia; media personalities Love Añover and Jing Lejano; and film director Jose Javier Reyes.
‘Philippines Gems’ Location Map
Click on red thumbnails to view location.