Home Shangri-La Hambantota Resort & Spa, Sri Lanka
- 145 acres on the southern coast of Sri Lanka
- Complements the Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo
- The resort is due to open in 2014
- 18-hole golf course,
- 375 rooms including 26 suites ranging in size from 48 square metres to 240 square metres.
- The resort grounds are a natural extension to the region’s wildlife habitat – Yala and Bundala National Parks, Sri Lanka’s foremost bird watching destinations, and over 40 heritage sites are within easy reach.
- To complement the local biodiversity, Shangri-La’s Hambantota Resort and Spa will implement Sanctuary, Shangri-La’s Care for Nature Project. The resort is currently consulting with local environmental organizations to determine a conservation programme for identified endangered species.
- An Eco Centre will be built on site, to teach and educate guests, colleagues and local schoolchildren about environmental awareness.
- In keeping with its natural setting the resort’s hot water will be produced using solar energy.
- CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La will feature ten treatment rooms, a beauty salon and health club.
- A dive center, a kids’ club, a 30-metre lap pool plus additional freeform pool, a tennis court and retail facilities will offer recreational opportunities for business travellers and families alike.
- The Sri Lankan properties will be fully integrated into the local community from the very beginning, offering employment opportunities and infrastructural support.
- Shangri-La’s Care for People Project and work with local children’s organizations on health and/or education programmes over a long-term period in need areas such as school materials, infrastructure improvement, hygiene and nutrition.