Asia Travel Tips interviews Director Utama of the Bali Tourism Development Corporation IB Wirajaya.
Mandalika key points:
- Land area: 1,200 hectares of beach front land.
- Rationale: Developed to meet the growing needs of new destinations in Indonesia
- Developed with a more eco-friendly and green approach which is similar to what’s been done for Nusa Dua in Bali.
- Location: South of Lombok island and 15km from new airport.
- Developed over 3 stages: Currently, completed AMDAL (Indonesia environmental approvals) and infrastructure being planned and developed to support resorts.
- Initial developments coming in 2016: 250-room all-inclusive hotel (Club Med?) and 18 hole golf course.
- First phase consist of 5 international class hotels at Tanjung Aan totaling about 1,500 rooms and supporting infrastructure investment of Rph2.2 trillion (USD240 million )
- Owners of Nusa Dua hotels are interested to develop in Mandalika as well.
Mandalika Master Plan